Big Rig Truck Insurance can be complicated so it pays to know how your truck are rated.
• Symbol 1 – (Rare and expensive in trucking-for-hire) Any auto, don’t have to schedule them. Covers any auto as long
as the insured is using it. (This is rare nowadays)
• Symbol 2 – Any owned auto. Covers only autos that the insured owns.
Includes autos you acquire ownership of after the policy begins.
• Symbol 3 – Owned private passengers autos only. Covers private passenger
autos. Includes autos you acquire after the policy begins.
• Symbol 4 – Owned autos other than private passenger autos only. Covers only
those autos you own that are not private passenger and for liability for trailers
you don’t own while attached to power units you own. Includes those autos
not of the private passenger type you acquire after the policy begins.
• Symbol 5 – Owned autos. Subject to No Fault State.
• Symbol 6 – Owned autos. Subject to Compulsory Uninsured Motorist Law.
Form you attach when the state requires and insured can not reject uninsured
motorist coverage. It includes autos you acquire during the policy period after
the policy begins.
• Symbol 7 – (THIS IS THE MOST COMMON)Specifically described autos. Covers only described autos. Coverage follows power unit. Non owned trailers have liability with this form. (Most common for Big Rig, Box Trucks and other For-Hire operations)
• Symbol 8 – Hired Auto Only. Covers auto you lease, hire, rent or borrow.
This does not include any auto you lease, hire, rent or borrow from any of your
employees, partners or members, etc.
• Symbol 9 – Non-Owned Autos Only – Coverage auto you do not own, lease,
hire, rent or borrow that are used in connection with your business. Includes
auto owned by your employees, partners, members, etc.
Below is the typical classification of for hire operations. This list is not a complete listing but is covers most businesses.
- Local, Intermediate, and Long Haul Truckers
- Big Rig Insurance Brokers insure many types of freight haulers: Dry Freight, Reefer, Containers, Hazardous, Sand & Gravel, Agricultural, Heavy Haulers
- Commercial autos, straight – box trucks, last mile delivery, parcel delivery vans, contractor vehicles and more
- Owner Operators Mini Fleets to Large National Fleets of semi’s
- Motor Truck Cargo and Liability
- Dump Trucks (Sand, Dirt, Gravel)
- Hazardous Waste Haulers. O.K
- General Commodities Haulers (Reefer, Flatbed, Palletized Goods, Dry Van, Aggregate)
- Asphalt Haulers (Belly Dumps, Side Dumps, End Dumps)
- Fuel Haulers O.K (Gasoline, Crude Oil, Waste Oil, Hot Oil)
- Wrecker Service / Tow Truck Operations/ Straight Truck Tilt Bed operators
- High Risk Truck Insurance Available
- Trucking Liability / Commercial Auto Insurance / Physical Damage Protections