Everyday Nevada truckers come to our big rig insurance brokers for quick help (855) 826-0321.
>Click here to get your free Nevada Big Rig Truck Insurance Quote<
Big Rig Insurance Nevada Brokers have most any type of bonds needed for your trucking brokerage or freight forwarder operation please visit our bond search and bind facility located here BOND SEARCH
Call us today to get complete Nevada trucking for hire coverage as fast as possible 855-826-0321. Reliable and affordable all inclusive policies. Call us for you best rates for your for commercial truck insurance. Count on us for delivering unparalleled customer service to meet your load hauling needs.
MOST REQUESTED COVERAGE’S
Auto Liability, Motor Truck Cargo Coverage, Commercial General Liability, Medical Payments, Uninsured Motorist, Underinsured Motorist
Personal Injury Protection (PIP), Owned Auto, Non-Owned Auto, Hired Auto, Collision Coverage, Comprehensive Coverage and Trailer Interchange
Nevada Commercial Truck Insurance
Commercial truck insurance is a critical part of doing business in Nevada. With the many highways and roads designed to serve the needs of large trucks, it’s important to have complete protection for both you and your cargo. Depending on your business, you may need to obtain a variety of coverage, ranging from basic liability and property damage to cargo insurance and other specialized coverage.
Understanding the different types of coverage and how they interact with each other is key to securing a policy that meets your unique needs without costing an arm and a leg. Before you can start shopping around for a policy, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the various truck insurance requirements in Nevada.
Types of Commercial Truck Insurance
Before shopping for a commercial truck insurance policy in Nevada, there are several types of coverage you should consider. Each of these coverages comes with its own nuances and benefits, so make sure to do your research and find out which one is right for your business:
1. Liability Insurance – This is the most basic type of coverage for a commercial trucker. In Nevada, this usually involves the purchase of Bodily Injury and Property Damage liability coverage. These policies provide protection for any damage or injury that you or your employees may cause while driving one of your insured vehicles.
2. Physical Damage Coverage – This covers any physical damage that may be inflicted on your vehicle itself, such as theft, fire or an accident caused by another driver. This coverage is essential in order to protect your truck and its contents in the event of an accident.
3. Cargo Insurance – This type of coverage protects goods transported by your truck that may be damaged during shipment. Cargo insurance policies are offered in two basic forms: All-Risk Cargo Coverage provides a greater degree of protection, while Basic Cargo Coverage only covers specific listed perils.
4. General Liability Insurance – This covers non-trucking activities related to your business, such as contractual liabilities and losses due to negligence or carelessness on your part. It also provides financial protection for damages caused by goods being stored at your business premises, property damage due to pollution or vandalism, and much more.
5. Non-Trucking Liability Insurance – Also known as bobtail insurance, this type of coverage provides protection from risks associated with non-commercial truck uses, such as moving goods for personal reasons or delivering goods for a friend or family member.
Requirements for Commercial Truck Insurance in Nevada
In order to legally operate a commercial truck in Nevada, you must possess Truck Liability Insurance at all times while on the road. The minimum liability limit required by law is $1 million combined single limit (CSL). This means that your total liability limit must be equal to or greater than $1 million regardless of the number of claims made against it. Additionally, drivers must also carry Uninsured Motorist coverage as well as Underinsured Motorist coverage with limits of at least $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident for both coverages combined.
The state also requires that trucking companies register with the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). All drivers must undergo an extensive background check before they can obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in order to operate a commercial truck in the state. This includes proof of ownership or lease of their vehicle, passing a written test administered by the DMV, and completing an approved commercial driver education program. This process is important to ensure that all drivers are properly trained to operate a commercial vehicle safely and adhere to all applicable regulations.
Finding Affordable Commercial Truck Insurance in Nevada
>Click here to get your free Nevada Big Rig Truck Insurance Quote<
When shopping for a commercial truck insurance policy, there are several factors that you should consider in order to ensure you get the best rate possible. First and foremost, make sure the company you choose offers all the types of coverage you need at an affordable price point. Secondly, ask about any discounts that may be available such as safety course completion or good driving record discounts. Finally, research the company’s history and reviews from other customers before signing any contracts.
A licensed Nevada insurance agent can also help answer any questions about commercial truck insurance and help identify where you might be able save money through discounts or better coverage options. They may also be able to steer you toward an insurer with experience in understanding the specific needs of the trucking industry in your state. Working with an experienced agent can help give you peace of mind that you are getting adequate coverage without overpaying.
Below are the classifications of commercial big rig trucking policies.
• Symbol 1 – Any auto, don’t have to schedule them. Covers any auto as long
as the insured is using it. (This is rare nowadays especially for Big Rig Trucks))
• Symbol 2 – Any owned auto. Covers only autos that the insured owns.
Includes autos you acquire ownership of after the policy begins.
• Symbol 3 – Owned private passengers autos only. Covers private passenger
autos. Includes autos you acquire after the policy begins.
• Symbol 4 – Owned autos other than private passenger autos only. Covers only
those autos you own that are not private passenger and for liability for trailers
you don’t own while attached to power units you own. Includes those autos
not of the private passenger type you acquire after the policy begins.
• Symbol 5 – Owned autos. Subject to No Fault State.
• Symbol 6 – Owned autos. Subject to Compulsory Uninsured Motorist Law.
Form you attach when the state requires and insured can not reject uninsured
motorist coverage. It includes autos you acquire during the policy period after
the policy begins.
• Symbol 7 – Specifically described autos. Covers only described autos.
Coverage follows power unit. Non owned trailers have liability with this form. (Most common for Big Rig, Box Trucks and other For-Hire operations)
• Symbol 8 – Hired Auto Only. Covers auto you lease, hire, rent or borrow.
This does not include any auto you lease, hire, rent or borrow from any of your
employees, partners or members, etc.
• Symbol 9 – Non-Owned Autos Only – Coverage auto you do not own, lease,
hire, rent or borrow that are used in connection with your business. Includes
auto owned by your employees, partners, members, etc.
We can easily insure the following Nevada business types. >Click here to get your free Nevada Big Rig Truck Insurance Quote<
CEMENT CONTRACTING – COAL HAULING – CONSTRUCTION – COURIER SERVICE – COURTESY PASSENGER TRANSPORT – DEBRIS REMOVAL – DEMOLITION – DIRT, SAND & GRAVEL – ELECTRICIANS – EXPEDITERS – FARMING – FIREWOOD HAULING – BULK FLORIST Refrigerated DELIVERY – FOR-HIRE TRUCKING – FROZEN FOODS TRANSPORT – FURNITURE DELIVERY – GARBAGE COLLECTION – HAZARDOUS MATERIALS HAULING – HOTEL SHUTTLES – HOTSHOT TRANSPORT – ICE CREAM VENDOR – IMPOUND LOT – INTERIOR DECORATING – INDEPENDENT TRUCKING – LANDSCAPING – LEASED-ON BIG RIG TRUCKING – LINEN SUPPLY – LOGGING – LONG-HAUL TRUCKING – MOTORCYCLE DEALERSHIP – OWNER-OPERATOR – PIANO MOVING – PLUMBING – ROCK QUARRY HAULING – RECYCLING SERVICES – REFRIGERATED GOODS TRANSPORT – RETAIL FOOD MARKET – ROOFING – SHOPPING MALL DELIVERIES – SNOW PLOWING – TOW OPERATION – TREE SERVICE – WIDE LOAD HAULER – WRECKER SERVICES and much more.
When it comes to commercial trucking operations in Nevada, it’s important to make sure that you are adequately protected with the right types of coverage at competitive prices. By understanding the various types of coverage available and researching affordable insurers, you can ensure that your business has the coverage it needs while also saving money through discounts or better coverage options. Working with an experienced insurance agent can also provide invaluable guidance throughout this process to ensure you get the policies you need at an affordable cost.